Battery - best practices
First use of the battery
Your device is equipped with a modern Lithium ion battery. In order to properly stabilize and calibrate your battery we recommend a full charge - discharge cycle the first time you take the device out of the box.
Battery life depends on the mode of use and the environment.
An intensive use of a device and the accumulation of charge and discharge cycles reduce the performance of the battery (capacity in mAh). A cycle represents a complete discharge followed by a complete recharge of the battery.
Recommendation 1: Use the device at the recommended temperatures
Prolonged use at temperatures beyond the intervals recommended by Famoco will affect the proper operation of the battery. It can cause unplanned shutdowns, faster reduction in battery level and even decrease of the overall life cycle.
For details on the temperature and humidity criteria of the Famoco batteries, please refer to the User Manuals of the Famoco device that you are using (available on our Help Center).
Recommendation 2: Recharge your terminal with the right hardware and under the right conditions
- Always use an approved Famoco charger to avoid damage or deterioration of the battery.
- Always use an appropriate charger cable recommended by Famoco. An incompatible charger could damage the USB port.
- Connect the charger correctly. If it is not, it could damage the device.
- Unplug the charger after the device is fully charged.
- Do not charge your device near a heat source (fire, sunlight, heating, etc.).
- Turn off the device while charging.
Recommendation 3: Store your battery with the right material and in the right conditions.
The battery performances can deteriorate faster if your battery is discharged for an extended period of time. When the device is not in use, we recommend that you :
- Charge the battery between 45% and 60%.
- Remove the battery from the device.
- Protect the battery pins from metal contact that could cause a short circuit.
- Charge the battery once every 3 months between 45% and 60%.
- Wrap batteries with non-conductive materials to avoid contact with the positive and negative battery pins.
- Store the terminal in a cool, non-humid place. Depending on the expected duration of storage, the recommendations are as follows:
|Storage duration||Temperature [min ; max]||Humidity [min ; max]|
|< 3 months||0-30℃||45% < RH＜65%|
|< 6 months||0-25℃||45% < RH＜65%|
|< 9 months||10-25℃||45% < RH＜65%|
|< 12 months||15-25℃||45% < RH＜65%|
After 1 year of continuous storage A lithium Ion battery is a consumable. Even if stored properly, storage time will still have a direct impact on the life of the battery. Long-time storage will incur a decrease of 8% to 10% of the battery capacity per year. Therefore, we advise our customers to not store their batteries for more than 12 months.
- Before using the batteries, carefully read the maintenance manual and the indications on the battery surface.
- Keep batteries away from children.
- When the batteries are not used for a long period of time, please refer to the storage recommendations.
- The warranty period is one year. However, if the problem with the battery is the result of improper use, Famoco will not replace the battery free of charge even during the warranty period.
- During use, batteries should be kept away from heat sources and high voltages.
- Do not disassemble the batteries.
- Do not short-circuit the positive and negative poles of the battery.
- Do not heat or burn batteries.
- Do not drop or bump your batteries.
- Do not deform your batteries and do not exert any external force on them.
- Do not touch a leaking battery directly.