A Famoco Action Token takes the form of an NFC card allowing you to switch your device configuration locally.
Action Tokens currently trigger 3 possible actions:
- Move a device from one fleet to another: This action triggers a device move from its current fleet to another existing one.
- Put the device in repair mode: This action triggers a device move from its current configuration to a repair mode.
- Put the device in stock: This action triggers a device move from its current configuration to the stock status.
Action Token actions are created in the MDM. Each Action Token has a unique code. This code is used by the Action Token Activator Application to write the Token card. To write the card, the code can be entered manually or the corresponding QR code that is automatically generated can be scanned. The Token NFC card is then tapped on the back of the device to trigger this action.
From the Action Tokens section, you can:
- View the Action Tokens that have been created in your organization
- Add / show /modify an Action Token
- Export information regarding the profiles that have been created in your organization
Action Tokens list
By default, the Token table displays 10 rows per page, but you can increase this number by clicking on the Rows per page button.
If your organization contains more tokens than the number of displayed rows per page, click on the arrow to change page.
All the Action Tokens of your organization will be displayed in the Action Tokens list but you can filter by typing the name of the Action Token you are looking for in the search bar.
By default, all the available fields are displayed. If you want to remove some, you can:
- Click on more_vert
- Select the option ‘Configure Devices Table’
- Uncheck the fields you don’t want to view on the members table
Action Tokens details
- Valid: indicates if the Action Token is valid or if it has expired
- The name of the Action Token
- Type: the action triggered by the Action Token
- Destination: the destination of the device after the action has been triggered
- The expiration date of the Action Token
- The creation date of the Action Token
Action Tokens export
- Click on the EXPORT button
- Select the headers that you would like to export
- Click on the EXPORT TO CSV button to download the report
Action Tokens actions
Add an Action Token
- Click on the ADD button
- Type the name of the Action Token
- Choose the action you want in the Action Type drop-down list. There are currently 3 actions:
Action 1 - Change fleet
- Select the destination fleet from the drop-down list of your existing fleets.
- If you want to create a new fleet, please refer to the fleet creation section.
- Set the expiry date for the token. After this date, the Action Token will no longer be valid, and will not trigger the action.
- Click on the button SAVE
This action type will not work on devices that are in Repair mode. It will only work on devices that are in stock or in a fleet.
Action 2 & 3 - Put in repair mode & Put in stock
- Set the Action Token expiry date in the calendar. After this date, the Action Token will no longer be valid, and will not trigger the action.
- Click on the SAVE button
Once created, the Token cannot be modified. If you need to make changes (e.g. change expiration date), you will need to erase the Action Token and create a new one.
Write an Action Token
- Select the Action Token to write and click on the SHOW button
- The QR code is displayed - This QR code will be used by the Token Activator app to write the token to the NFC Token card.
- Turn on the Master Device to use the Token Activator application.
- Click on the Scan QRCode button
- As soon as the QR Code had been scanned, the Action Token reference will appear on screen
An alternative method to enter the unique Action Token code, is to type it manually into the ‘Enter Token Code’ field. To avoid mistakes, we strongly recommend using the QR code scan.
- Once the Token code is visible on screen, click on the Activate Token button.
- The text "Place the Token Card under the device" is displayed on screen.
- Place the NFC Token card on the back of the Master device
- A sound (if volume activated) and a success message is displayed to confirm the operation. The NFC Token card is ready to be used.
Check a token card
- To check which Action Token has been written on a Token card, use the option Read of the app.
- Place the NFC Token card on the back of the Master device.
- The message "the Mime* is valid" and the NFC token code are displayed.
Use a token card
The target device must to be within the same organization as the Action Token defined in the MDM.
- Tap the NFC Action Token card on the back of the device that you want to apply the action to.
Be careful not to store NFC Token cards too close to devices to avoid unintentional actions.
Custom master device
If you want to use another device (FX200 or FX300) as your Master device, you will need to install the Token Activator app on the respective device, by adding it to the Device Token Master profile (or your custom profile).
If you are using the FX300 as a Master Token device then the QRcode scanning will be done with the laser head and not the camera.
Remove an Action Token
- Select the Action Token to remove
- Click on the REMOVE button
- A pop up is displayed to confirm the deletion
- Click on the DELETE button
- The Action Token will be removed from the Action Tokens list