The batteries are shipped inside the devices due to the new shipping policy. We added a plastic tip to prevent deep discharge of the batteries during transportation. When unpacking the device, be sure to remove the plastic tip as shown in the photos below:
Note: To properly stabilize and calibrate your battery, we recommend a full charge-discharge cycle the first time you take the device out of the box.
Why Lithium-Ion battery?
FAMOCO Li-Poly batteries provide:
- high run-time (and low self-discharge)
- high cell life
- protective circuitry to guard against premature failure and high voltages.
All rechargeable batteries are consumable products and have a limited lifespan. Their capacity and performance will eventually diminish to the point where they need to be replaced. Aging batteries can contribute to changes in device performance. We have created this page for those who would like to learn more.
How should I store my batteries if I am not using them?
The performance of the battery may deteriorate more rapidly if it is left discharged for an extended period. When the device is not in use, we recommend that you:
- Charge the battery between 45% and 60%.
- Remove the battery from the device.
- Protect the battery pins from metal contact that could cause a short circuit.
- Charge the battery once every 3 months between 45% and 60%.
- Wrap the batteries with non-conductive materials to avoid contact with the positive and negative pins of the batteries.
- Store the terminal in a cool, non-humid place. Depending on the expected storage time, the following recommendations are made:
|Storage duration||Temperature [min ; max]||Humidity [min ; max]|
|< 3 months||0-30℃||45% < RH＜65%|
|< 6 months||0-25℃||45% < RH＜65%|
|< 9 months||10-25℃||45% < RH＜65%|
|< 12 months||15-25℃||45% < RH＜65%|
A lithium-ion battery is consumable. Even if stored properly, the storage time has a direct impact on the life of the battery. Prolonged storage results in an 8-10% decrease in battery capacity per year. Therefore, we advise our customers not to store their batteries for more than 12 months. The battery should be recycled after this period if it is not used.
How do I know if my battery should be replaced?
- The device may have difficulty opening and using your business application, or its use is slowed down.
- If you fully charge the battery and get half the usage time you had before, it should be replaced.
- FAMOCO’s Li-Ion battery contains a date code that allows our facilities to monitor the battery age and cell life. Users should also monitor the date code on the battery and discard batteries beyond the expected cell life:
- 300 cycles – 18 months (FX100 series).
- 500 cycles – 24 months.
We have two types of labels:
- Version 1: Date: (11)YYYYWW
- Y = Year of production
- W = Week of production
The first 4 digits of this date code represent the year, and the last two digits represent the month or the week number.
- Version 2: Date: SSYYYYMMxxxxxxx
- S = supplier ID
- Y = Year of production
- W = Month of production
How long is my Famoco battery covered by the warranty?
FAMOCO batteries are guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. In the event of notification within the warranty period, FAMOCO will replace the defective battery provided that there has been no damage resulting from user abuse.
How to use my device to maximize the battery lifespan?
Batteries have a limited lifetime which is affected by several factors including:
- The number of charges/discharges cycles to which they have been subjected.
- The environments in which they are used and stored.
- The levels of charge they are stored at.
- The demands they are subjected to.
Degradation in performance may increase with battery service life due to the stresses of daily charging and discharging. Li-Ion batteries are typically replaced after 300 (for FX100 series) to 500 charge cycles (full charge-discharge cycles) or when the battery capacity has reached 80%. The actual number of cycles will vary depending on usage patterns, temperature, age, and other variables.
Recommendation 1: Use the device at the recommended temperatures
Prolonged use at temperatures above Famoco's recommended intervals will affect the proper functioning of the battery. It can cause unplanned shutdowns, faster depletion of the battery level, and even a decrease in the overall life cycle.
For more details on the temperature and humidity criteria of Famoco batteries, please refer to the User Manual page.
Recommendation 2: Recharge your device with the right hardware and under the right conditions
- Always use an approved Famoco charger to avoid damage or deterioration of the battery.
- Always use an appropriate charging cable recommended by Famoco. An incompatible charger may damage the USB port.
- Connect the charger properly. Failure to do so may result in damage to the device.
- Unplug the charger once the device is fully charged.
- Do not charge your device near a heat source (fire, sunlight, heating, etc.).
- Turn off the device while charging.
- Before using the batteries, carefully read the service manual and the instructions on the battery surface.
- Keep the batteries away from children.
- When the batteries are not used for a long period of time, please refer to the storage recommendations.
- During use, batteries should be kept away from heat sources and high voltage.
- Do not disassemble the batteries.
- Do not short-circuit the positive and negative poles of the battery.
- Do not heat or burn batteries.
- Do not drop or bump your batteries.
- Do not deform your batteries or apply external force to them.
- Do not touch a leaking battery directly.