Clean your Famoco devices
Famoco devices without a protective case or screen protector: Spray an alcohol-based (70% isopropyl) directly on a soft lint-free cloth and wipe down your Famoco device while it is powered down and unplugged. Avoid getting moisture in the charging port, and do not use spray cleaners on the device.
Avoid contact between your Famoco device and external sources of germs by sharing information via the cellular network and the Famoco MDM and do not pass your phone around.
Since devices can collect germs, avoid putting your device on public surfaces, and minimize the device’s exposure to your face.
How to process with a device with a fingerprint sensor?
A fingerprint sensor on a biometric device is like any other “public” object, which is potentially touched by many different people/users throughout the day (like a door handle, a button in the elevator or on the coffee machine, etc.). Our recommendation is to instruct users to clean their fingers/hand after each usage, and not the sensor or device itself.
Cleaning the sensor itself is not yet recommended. Apart from the practical difficulty to achieve it efficiently after each usage, it is likely to be inefficient versus cleaning users’ own hands thoroughly.
Additionally, attempts to clean the sensor in an inappropriate manner (i.e. with acid or alcoholic solutions or with abrasive cloths) could damage it.
How to clean FAMOCO FP202's Card Reader
Recommended Usage: Cleaning the card readers on your devices must be done once a week. Clean more frequently after periods of high usage and outdoor usage, especially in areas prone to excessive grease, food particles and dust. Clean when experiencing card rejection or reader error.
We recommend using Waffletechnology Smart Card Reader Cleaning Card
- Turn off the device.
- Unplug it from power source.
- Insert Cleaning Card into card reader 15 times in the same manner you would insert a regular credit card. Be sure to "play" with the corners of the cleaning card to clean any dust that may remain on the edges of the card reader. (left side, right side etc)
- Failure to clean frequently can cause system failure, device downtime and customer frustration.
- Do not put anything in the smart card reader or magnetic card reader. Use only approved cleaning cards to clean card readers.
- NEVER SPRAY, COAT OR POUR ANY LIQUID OR DISINFECTANT DIRECTLY ONTO THE DEVICE.
- Do not use solvents, harsh detergents, or abrasive cleaners.
- The use of improper cleaning methods or cleaning products can cause functional and/or cosmetic problems not covered under warranty.