Profiles allows you to configure a set of parameters that you can apply to your devices.
From this module, you can:
- View the profiles that have been created within your organization
- Perform the following actions:
- Add profile(s)
- Edit profile(s)
- Remove profile(s)
- Duplicate profile(s)
- Export profile related data
By default, the profiles table displays 10 devices per page, but you can increase this number by clicking on the Rows per page button.
If your organization or the results of your filter contains more than the number of displayed rows per page, click on the arrow to move from one page to another.
All the profiles of your organization will be displayed in the profiles table but you can filter by typing the name of the profile you are looking for in the search bar.
The information displayed in the profiles table:
- In use
- The dark grey lock means that this profile is associated with at least 1 fleet
- The light grey lock means that this profile is currently not being used
- The name of the profile
- The creation date of the profile
- The modification date of the profile
If you select a profile, the main settings of this profile will be displayed:
- The applications that have been added to this profile
- The connectivity settings: WIFI, NFC, Bluetooth, PS, Mobile data status (Green -> enabled; Red -> disabled)
- If the production mode is enabled or not
- The Synchronization interval
When you add a profile, you have to configure the settings that match your business needs.
For some settings, you will have to choose between 3 options:
- Disabled: The setting will be disabled as soon as the device synchronizes)
- Device controlled: No action will be taken when the device synchronizes.
- Enabled: The setting will be enabled as soon as the device synchronizes) The settings are organized in 7 different tab:
- Name: Type the name of your profile
- Comment: This field is used to write notes about profiles configuration for internal reference.
- FMS sync interval: Your device synchronizes at specific intervals with the FMS. This parameter lets you choose the interval required for your business use case.
- Screen timeout: You can select the screen timeout for the device(s)
- Volume: You can decide to set the volume level of the device (select the enabled option to get the volume slider)
- Applications: Select the applications you want to add to the profile
- Auto launch application: The auto launch parameter allows you to dedicate your device to one APK (kiosk mode). Just select one of the apps you've uploaded and if the device contains this profile, the device will show the APK Kiosk mode
You need first to choose if you want to enable or disable WIFI. If you choose device controlled, no specific action will be taken when the device will synchronize.
If you have chosen to enable the WIFI, the following settings are displayed.
Security: Choose the encryption type of your WiFi Network
- Open: choose this option if there's no password protecting your WiFi network.
- WEP: choose this option if your WiFi is protected with WEP.
- WPA/WPA2: choose this option if your WiFi is protected with WPA OR WPA2
SSID: Enter the SSID, the identifier, of your WiFi access point
- Password: Enter the password corresponding to the SSID you inputted
- Wifi sleep policy: You're presented with 3 options
- Default: WiFi turns off when the device sleeps
- Never While Plugged: WiFi turns off when the device enters sleep mode if the device is not connected to a power source. If it is connected to a power source, the WiFi stays on
- Never: WiFi never turns off
- GPS: Choose if you wish to disable or enable GPS
- NFC: Choose if you wish to disable or enable NFC
- Bluetooth: Choose if you wish to force disable or enable Bluetooth
- Locale: You can set your device's locale setting by choosing it from the drop-down list
- Auto timezone: You can set your time zone manually by disabling this feature
Mobile data tab
You need first to choose either you want to disable or enable the mobile data. If you choose device controlled, no specific action will be taken when the device will synchronizes.
- Roaming: Choose if you wish to disable or enable GPS
- APN: Choose if you wish to disable or enable the APN settings
If you have chosen to enable APN, the available settings are displayed
APN settings are not described here, please refer to your mobile operator to set these fields.
Boot Animation: Allows you to set a custom boot logo for a more personalized experience. The file must be in zip format and there are certain rules to follow to create a boot logo. Check out the Developers section to know more.
Developer mode: Allows you to use the Android debugging features of your device. It is advised to keep this parameter off outside of developing usage.
- Click on the EXPORT button
- Select the profile fields that you would like to export
- Click on the EXPORT TO CSV button to download the report
Add a profile
- Click on the ADD button
- Name and set your profile according to your business needs
- Click on SAVE button
- The profile is displayed in the Profiles Table
Modify a profile
- Select a profile
- Click on the EDIT button
- Modify the profile settings according to your business needs
- Click on SAVE button
Remove a profile
You can only remove a profile if it is not associated to a fleet
- Select a profile to remove
- Click on the REMOVE button
- A pop up is displayed to confirm the deletion
- Click on the DELETE button
- The profile will be removed from the Profile table